Here are some simple steps to take in order to develop your Serve the City plan:
PRAY. Ask God to lead you as you design your project for Serve the City. How might He use your group to love on the community?
IMAGINE. Envision what it might look like for you and friends to Serve the City.
ASK QUESTIONS. Think through questions like “How is our LifeGroup uniquely gifted and connected to serve the city?” and “Who do we know (business, non-profit organization, family, etc.) that we can bless through Serve the City?” Who in our community has a need? “Discuss project ideas with your group.
FOCUS. Serve the City is a time for Eagle’s Landing to focus on reaching out to our city. We’re asking that we serve the outside community on March 27.
CHOOSE. Decide how your group will serve and register your project at eagleslanding.org/servethecity
ORGANIZE. Will you need tools and supplies? How many people can serve? What will everyone need to do to make the project a success? Mobilize your group. Gather resources if needed. Make sure all of your group has the details.
Here are some project ideas:
- Clean up a widow’s or single mother’s yard
- Deliver snacks, baked goods or lunch to a fire station or police station
- Offer free car washes
- Serve your neighborhood school
- Deliver fresh flowers or snacks to assisted living home residents
- Perform landscaping services like grass-cutting and shrub-trimming
- Serve a family with a member with special needs
- Community trash pick-up
- Hwy 42 trash pick-up
- Spread pine straw or mulch at a local park
- Wash windows for local businesses using professional window washing supplies available at local building supply stores
- Put together a dinner kits for families in need
- Corral shopping carts at a local supermarket/shopping center
- Pick up trash in parking lot at local supermarket/shopping center
- Laundromat assistance (take rolls of quarters, coffee, juice and donuts and have fun serving customers) - Student Ministry
- Toilet and bathroom cleaning at local businesses
There are so many ideas for serving! Get creative and have a blast thinking through how to serve the city!