Articles for Parents
Talking to your Children about Salvation and Baptism Read>>
Choosing the Right Bible for Your Child Read>>
Prayer: Verses to Pray Over Your Daughter and/or Son
10 Day Parenting Devotional by James Dobson Read>>
The Self-Controlled Child by James Dobson Read>>
Faith and Family: Glorifying God by making disciples. A blog by Zach McNeill Read>>
Books for Parents
Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls by Gary L. Thomas More Info>>
Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Fitzpatrick & Thompson More Info>>
Why Christian Kids Rebel by Tim Kimmel More Info>>
Books for Your Kids
What is a Christian? More Info>>
I'm a Christian Now! (for Younger Kids) More Info>>
I'm a Christian Now! (for Older Kids) More Info>>
So Your A Christian Devotional for Boys or for Girls
Jesus Storybook Bible by Lloyd-Jones/ZonderKidz More Info>>
The Story for Children by Lucado, Frazee, Hill/ZonderKidz More Info>>
The Story for Kids by ZonderKidz More Info>>
Unseen: The Prince Warriors by Priscilla Shirer More Info>>
The Action Bible More Info>>
Search on YouTube for SuperBook, Veggie Tales, or Stories of the Bible
Kid's First Responder Coloring Sheet Download>>
On 5th Sundays during the year, elementary kids will join in with all the students and adults in the main worship gathering.
Here are just three of many reasons why family worship is so valuable:
- Leads by Example – It is impactful for your kids to see you–as their parents–worship the Lord and to realize they are part of the overall church family. The stats for kids who fall away from their faith after leaving the house are discouraging, and so, showing kids how worship is important influences their hearts in the foundation of their lives. Much of our faith is as much caught as taught.
- Binds the Family Together – In our fast-moving society, there are few things that a family does together daily. Even eating a meal together these days seems like a feat. Worshipping God together creates an eternal bond that strengthens the family at its core and overflows in all your daily endeavors.
- Grows Family Discipleship – Being with you in worship generates gospel conversations between you and your kids. There's nothing like experiencing God together and having common spiritual things to talk about as a family. Kids are naturally curious, and who better to ask questions to than you as their greatest influencer!
- Sunday morning worship begins on Saturday night. Have plans ready for breakfast and clothes.
- Pray on the way to church in the car so your kids see your dependence on the Lord. Ask your kids to pray, too.
- Fully engage in corporate worship. Sing. Read. Listen. Take notes. You are modeling.
- Feel free to quietly explain parts of the service to your children.
- Sit toward the front so they can easily see everything.
- Take them to the bathroom before the service.
- Try not to get up during the service since this distracts others. Often they get antsy and do not actually need to use the restroom, especially if they went before the service begins.
- Ask questions about the service on the way home.
- Re-inforce the Scripture passage shared in the sermon at home at dinner or bedtime that night by having them read it. Reading the Bible together is life changing!
- Bring a pen and grab a children’s sermon note and June family prayer guide on your way into the auditorium. Take notes together.
- Pray that God uses the corporate worship service to grab your child’s affections for Jesus.
- Persevere! It is not easy, but nothing worth doing is. Your kids are a priceless gift, and the battle for their hearts is real. Helping them realize they are a part of the church family imprints their hearts.