Follow this simple guide to have a successful Serve the City experience!
PRAY. Ask God to lead you as you design your project for Serve the City. How might He use your group to love on the community?
IMAGINE. Envision what it might look like for you and friends to Serve the City.
ASK QUESTIONS. Think through questions like “How is our LifeGroup uniquely gifted and connected to serve the city?” and “Who do we know (business, non-profit organization, family, etc.) that we can bless through Serve the City?” Who in our community has a need? “Discuss project ideas with your group.
FOCUS. Serve the City is a time for Eagle’s Landing to focus on reaching out to our city. We’re asking that we serve the outside community on March 27.
CHOOSE. Decide how your group will serve and register your project at eagleslanding.org/servethecity
ORGANIZE. Will you need tools and supplies? How many people can serve? What will everyone need to do to make the project a success?
- Mobilize your group.
- Gather resources if needed.
- Make sure everyone participating has the details they need like what to wear or bring.
- Assign responsibilities according to skills and gifts.
- Remind everyone to gather in the auditorium between 8:30-9:00 the morning of Serve the City for prayer and a send-off.
- Have fun serving the city together!
- Take pics and video (see guide here) and post to social media using #servethecityel