DISASTER RELIEF TEAMS
Eagle’s Landing is sending disaster relief teams to serve in the Lake Charles, Louisiana community.
- December 27, 2020 – January 2, 2021 (Complete)
- January 3, 2021 – January 9, 2021 (Complete)
- Additional 2021 dates coming soon!
Cost Information: Each team member will cover their own trip costs which should be minimal. The team will travel together.
Team requirements and details:
- Once you confirm interest, you will be sent an invitation to complete an application online with Samaritan’s Purse. (Application includes agreement with Samaritan’s Purse’s Statement of Faith, and will initiate a background check.)
- Negative COVID-19 test results dated within five days of arrival in Lake Charles
- Money for meals during transit coming and going to Lake Charles
- Cot and/or blow up mattress (twin size), and sleeping bag
- Work clothes for five days
- Casual clothing to wear each evening at the church site
- Personal Protection Equipment if you are bringing your own chainsaw.
- Once you arrive at the host church in Lake Charles, all meals, sleeping area, and showers are provided by Samaritan’s Purse.
- All the tools required to assist a homeowner will be provided
Minimum age to volunteer is 18, unless serving with a parent and then minimum age is 14. Accommodation can be made for youth/student groups (age 14-18) to serve with chaperones present. Advance arrangements must be made through Samaritan's Purse for youth/student groups.
There is no pre-trip training, certification, or class requirement. Team members should have a heart for God and a willingness to love and serve people. No specific job skills are required. You don’t have to be a bold evangelist. Anyone can rake, push a wheelbarrow, or sit and pray with a homeowner and show them that God and His people love them.
What’s the next step?
To join a team, complete the form below. You will be sent an invitation to join the team.