DISASTER RELIEF TEAMS
Eagle’s Landing is sending disaster relief teams to serve in the Lake Charles, Louisiana community.
- December 27, 2020 – January 2, 2021
- January 3, 2021 – January 9, 2021
Sign-up Deadline: December 12, 2020
Cost Information: Each team member will cover their own trip costs which should be minimal. The team will travel together.
Team requirements and details:
- Once you confirm interest, you will be sent an invitation to complete an application online with Samaritan’s Purse. (Application includes agreement with Samaritan’s Purse’s Statement of Faith, and will initiate a background check.)
- Negative COVID-19 test results dated within five days of arrival in Lake Charles
- Money for meals during transit coming and going to Lake Charles
- Cot and/or blow up mattress (twin size), and sleeping bag
- Work clothes for five days
- Casual clothing to wear each evening at the church site
- Personal Protection Equipment if you are bringing your own chainsaw.
- Once you arrive at the host church in Lake Charles, all meals, sleeping area, and showers are provided by Samaritan’s Purse.
- All the tools required to assist a homeowner will be provided
Minimum age to volunteer is 18, unless serving with a parent and then minimum age is 14. Accommodation can be made for youth/student groups (age 14-18) to serve with chaperones present. Advance arrangements must be made through Samaritan's Purse for youth/student groups.
There is no pre-trip training, certification, or class requirement. Team members should have a heart for God and a willingness to love and serve people. No specific job skills are required. You don’t have to be a bold evangelist. Anyone can rake, push a wheelbarrow, or sit and pray with a homeowner and show them that God and His people love them.
What’s the next step?
To join the team, complete the form below. You will be sent an invitation to join the team. You must do this by December 12!