Eagles Landing First Baptist Church is not the only one concerned about meeting the needs of our community and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. There are several ministries in our community that we have teamed up with to combat poverty, educational challenges, homelessness, and preserve and protect human life... all for the glory of Jesus Christ!
So, how will we respond to the challenges that our culture brings our way every day? Better yet, how will we respond to the “compassionate call” of the gospel every day?
Here are some specific opportunities and partners to help you and your family and friends answer that question—to respond to that call.
The mission of Action Ministries is to mobilize metro Atlanta communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education. By meeting immediate needs and providing top-notch educational opportunities, our programs are designed to lead people out of poverty.
ELFBC's involvement: Help build food boxes at Action Ministries in Atlanta for the homeless or under-incomed families.
Action Ministries Regional Hunger Relief Warehouse
2160 Hills Ave, Building 2, Suite F
Atlanta, GA 30318
Helping In His Name Ministries, Inc., usually referred to as "The Food Pantry", is an ecumenical, non-profit organization that provides temporary emergency help to the unemployed, the underemployed, elderly people on fixed incomes, and single parents on a biweekly or monthly basis. No one with a legitimate need is refused help. We currently feed more than 3,100 people every month who are less fortunate.
Partners in Education
Wesley Lakes Elementary
Eagles Landing First Baptist Church serves as a partner in education at select schools to encourage and assist students and faculty with any pressing needs. We have been involved in career days, reading encouragement days, faculty support days, after school programs, family fun nights, and combatting student hunger programs. Contact Bruce Mewbourne with questions and volunteer opportunities.
We are partnering with Action Ministries through their SuperPacks Program to provide at-risk students at Wesley Lakes Elementary and Mainstay Academy with nourishment on the weekends, too!
LifeGroups and individuals can:
- sponsor a student ($3 per weekend).
- pick up the SuperPacks from the Action Ministries warehouse.
- deliver the SuperPacks to Wesley Lakes Elementary or Mainstay Academy on Thursdays.
- For more information please contact
Calvary Refuge is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides emergency and transitional housing and food for homeless individuals and families in need. There are additional volunteer opportunities, too!
- Eagle's Landing is scheduled to serve every third Sunday each month in 2017.
- This is a great ministry for LifeGroups, children welcome to serve as well.
What’s Expected When Serving at Calvary?
- Purchase food to feed an evening meal to the less fortunate (50 People)
- Cook the meal at the Calvary facility
- Serve the
- Enjoy a meal with the residents and learn their stories
- Share with them the love of Jesus and follow the leading of the Spirit
- No cleanup – Residents are required to clean after every meal
Contact Wes Holder for more information on serving at Calvary.
Pregnancy Resource Center of Henry County provides hope, truth, and healing through Jesus Christ to men and women of all ages by educating and empowering them to make godly choices regarding faith, sanctity of life, marriage, and sexual purity.
The PRCHC offers a variety of free services for the community such as:
- Abstinence-centered Education (Middle School and High School)
- Pregnancy Tests
- Testing for STD's
- Baby Supplies
- Parental Training
- Bible Studies
Eagle's Landing Involvement at the Pregnancy Resource Center of Henry County:
- Host LifeGroup Baby Showers
- Pray For Specific Individuals and Needs
- Volunteer to do Yardwork at the Pregnancy Resource Center
- Sign up for Housekeeping at the Center
- Contact Wes Holder to schedule a workday or shower
One of PRC's largest fund raising events is the annual "Run for the Bun 5K". The 9th annual Run for the Bun is a celebration of families and LIFE! Your race registration and donations will go to fund the day to day operations of the Pregnancy Resource Center of Henry County. Join us on Saturday, May 6th at 8:30am in Locust Grove for the 9th annual R4TB run/walk event! Click the button below to sign up as an individual or as a group.