Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church is seeking God’s direction for our next Lead Pastor. If you are considering the position or seeking to recommend someone, then please take the time to look over this page as we introduce you to who we are here at Eagle’s Landing. You can also find information about our Lead Pastor Search Committee (Search Team) as they will post updates on this page. Thank you and we covet your prayers as we seek our new pastor.
A very effective way to find the pulse of the church is through a congregational survey. A congregational survey can bring in useful information about the congregation’s needs, their demographics, and what they want in their next leader. The information that is gathered will shed light on what kind of leader our church feels that they need. It will help guide the Pastor search process.
The survey will be open through Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Click the button below to go to the form.
As we move through this process, please continue in prayer for:
- The church staff, Search Team, and the church as a whole to have discernment, guidance, unity, cohesion, and patience
- Pastor Tim and Christie as he transitions into his new role as Lead Strategist for Pastoral Wellness at the Georgia Baptist Mission Board
- Our future pastor and his family
Meet the Search Team
Mission Statement of the Search Team:
The Eagle’s Landing First Baptist Church Pastor Search Committee exists to
identify God’s Man to lead our church in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the glory of God!
The Search Team was formed from leaders of our church body as identified by our Bylaws, "...Pastor search committee consisting of the Leadership Team and five members of the Deacon Team, as elected by the Deacon Team." The leaders were identified by their fulfillment of the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9 and Acts 6:3-8. They are charged with the task of identifying the next Lead Pastor of our church.
Please feel free to contact the team with any encouragement or questions at . A team member will be glad to speak with you personally if you will let them know in the email.MEET THE TEAM
Search Team Update
November 11, 2019
It is hard to believe that our Pastor Search Team has already been meeting for over one month. Every meeting has started with a time of prayer and a Bible devotion. The focus has been very clear that the mission of the team is to find God's Man in accordance with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. No amount of surveys, questionnaires, or resumes can replace the direction from God. This has always been the team's desire.
With that being said, we must still follow through with the physical process of the search. James 2:17 reminds us that, "faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." A congregational survey has been posted online. We will gather responses for two weeks. We are also starting to collect resumes from candidates. Within the next week, we should be at a point to post the job with the Southern Baptist Convention and the surrounding state organizations.
Remember that we have a time of prayer every Sunday at 9am in the Meeting room by the coffee shop. Join us as we pray for what God has in store for our church for the next thirty years.
Candidate Application Process
Below you will see the overall process by which the Pastor Search Team will evaluate candidates. The team meets on a regular basis to monitor the progress and discuss the potential candidates. The team will receive resumes and then stay in touch through the process to guide the candidates to the next step.
- Step 1 - Submit resume online
- Step 2 - Submit online application; links to sermons; and social media links
- Step 3 - Complete pastoral and theological questionnaire
- Step 4 - Conference/video call interview with candidate and wife
- Step 5 - Background/criminal check; credit check; motor vehicle record check; and personality and spiritual gifts assessment
- Step 6 - Search team visit to candidate’s church
- Step 7 - Candidate and wife spend several days at Eagle’s Landing First Baptist and candidate preaches on a Sunday to end the visit
- Step 8 - Candidate answers the call
If you are interested in applying for the Lead Pastor position, then begin the process by clicking the button below.More Information